Monday, March 31, 2014

3 important things I could say about fatherhood


Becoming a father is one of the best of things that ever happened to me. I know the majority of dads out there feel the same way, too, while there are only perhaps a very few of those who would think otherwise. It’s been 1 year and 8 months since I embraced, for the first time in my life, about such a challenge: Fatherhood. Nathaniel Harris was born healthy after almost 24 hours of labor by my wife, Emelliana. I know my life has since changed but, if there’s anything to make it all like never the same again, only for the better. Allow me then to share to you the following; about the 3 important things I could say about fatherhood which, of course, I would like to base from personal experience:


Fatherhood is a gift of responsibility
No matter where you came from or who you are, you can be a good father. A good father, I would like to say, is a responsible family man. It has been said that it’s easy to become a father, but becoming a dad is a different thing. A good father takes full responsibility for the preservation of the family he is building up, making the foundation strong to the best of his ability.

Fatherhood is what we can be so successful at
You may fail in other fields of human endeavor or already tried almost everything in vain, but that’s okay. You can still be good at something. You can make up all of it by becoming a good family man; because failure to become one is, for me, man’s greatest failure.

Fatherhood is a source of all the potentially good things
Yes, that’s true. Fatherhood is something that will encourage you to do not only the good, but as well the right things for your children. The Holy Bible has this to say: (Luke 11:11-13) “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

2 comments:

  1. Being a parent is a precious gift.
    It is the most challenging endeavor and the most rewarding one.
    It is a journey that I treasure every day.
    We learn something every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing us your thoughts on parenthood, Julia. You are absolutely right, parenthood is indeed a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...