Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pacquiao bows to Bradley in a very controversial split decision

In a fight where Pacquiao was clearly dominating most of the rounds came out the most unfair decission made by the judges. Judge Jerry Roth scored it (115-113) in favor of Pacquiao while CJ Ross (115-113) and Duane Ford (115-113) gave it to Bradley to win via a split decission. Still, we have to respect the decission no matter how biased it has become. After all, this is boxing and boxing means business. Pacquiao accepted his defeat in a polite manner saying, "I accept what the result is," when asked in an interview about what he can say about the decission. "I respect the judges, I cannot blame them. It is a part of the game. I give thanks to the Lord. I do my best but my best wasn't good enough," he continued.

But this is boxing and boxing means business. I should have known better that prior to the actual fight, for the business to keep alive and earn more, the Pacman should lose because if he has gotten the decission over Bradley then who will be these worthy (I mean like those that can generate millions of dollars) opponents he should be facing next? Mayweather is not yet available and a fourth encounter with Marquez will not be as exciting as it used to. A Pacquiao-Bradley 2 could mean millions of dollars and a trilogy will be a millions more.

Or perhaps some people may see it differently. That boxing, with all the bad judging and controversies, has become a dying sport? Will the fans then realized and get into the light of truth that they have to stop patronizing the sport that made the fools out of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...