Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5 things to remember about love: Should love be understood the way we like it to be?

Yesterday, I was caught in a discussion that started in the way I commented to a friend of mine's blog shared on Facebook talking about love and the many hurdles and problems to overcome out of such an experience. It was, to me, actually just a natural reaction by which I had to explain that love should be something that lightens up the burdens instead of something that makes all our lives harder. Should love be understood the way we like it to be?

It inspires me to think that some people are, in fact, in love. But love should be simple and plain. When you truly love someone it must be unconditional, undemanding, and never expecting anything in return at all. Love more, and expect less. It requires that you give of yourself 100%, anything less than that is not love. Of course, there times when relationships fail but at least you've given everything you had for love and that's just part of the process. In the end, it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

I gained some positive responses from my personal opinions and there's one lady who even asked me if she could just call me Leo instead of my first name Napoleon. "Sure", I said. "You may call me Leo, short for Love Eternally Overwhelms." There's nothing I enjoy more than a good conversation and most especially if "love", the most powerful of emotions, is the topic. The following are just 5 of the things I want people to remember about love:

1. Love comes from God. God is love. The Holy Bible clearly tells us in John 3:16 about the greatest love He has for mankind: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

2. Love never ends. It is one of the characteristics of love: endless. Anything that is going to end isn't love.

3. Love possessess all the good qualities and more. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 best described love as being "patient, kind. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

4. Love is the most potent weapon to conquer evil. If love reigns in the heart of everyone, there would be complete joy, peace, prosperity, and harmony in all the world.

5. Love, just like time, heals. But love heals completely and restores like new what has been totally broken


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...