- Eat the right and proper foods. A well-balanced diet accompanied with moderation in eating is the first step to getting healthy. Our diet should consist more on fruits and vegetables and less on meat and fatty foods. From the beginning, eating of meat as food has never been included as God's original diet for mankind. God's chosen diet for mankind could be read in Genesis 1:29: And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." The use of animal meat for human consumption has only been allowed after the Great Flood, with Noah and his family as the lone survivors, when all the green things in all the earth have been destroyed and would take a considerable amount of time for them to grow back again so as to become foods to humans.The Holy Bible mentioned about people before the Great Flood who lived longer than those who came to live afterwards. Methuselah was the oldest person who ever lived at 969 years old (Genesis 5:27): "And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years, and he died."
- Fresh and clean air, fit to drink water, and plenty of sunlight. This is to suggest that nature plays a very important role in our quest to be healthy. By trying to be natural as much as possible and to avoid the suffocating climate of the urban jungle, we could benefit the positive impact of nature on our health. Nature heals and restores.
- Move a lot, exercise. You don't always have to go to the the gym just to be physically fit and healthy although it helps, at some point, to keep us motivated to achieve that so desired form most people get while working out in the gym. For those who cannot afford or being just too busy to be enrolled in a program in the gym, you can do simple walking. Walking is one of the most easy, safe, and ideal form of exercises recommended for everyone. Also, when going up in a tall building, you can choose the ladder instead of the elevator.
- Avoid poisonous substances. Quit smoking or if you haven't tried smoking, then don't smoke at all. The use of illegal drugs are unacceptable at all times. Consume the least amount of alcoholic beverages or much better, refrain from drinking them at all.
- Be positive and jolly. Always look at the bright side of life. Problems are everywhere and, sometimes, unavoidable, but you only have to find and offer solutions, not add more problems. Some things we cannot change or control, but we can always try to control our attitude towards them and, consequently, change their effects on us for the better.
- Always put God at the center of your life. He is the Master Physician and with Him and through Him, nothing is impossible.
Lots of heart diseases and abnormalities could have been avoided or treated well if we just follow the simple tips on how to have a healthy heart. You don't have to complicate things out, just get back to the basics to stay healthy. It is really very important to take good care of our heart because, as what Proverbs 27:19 would have us told that: "As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man."