Top 10 summer destinations in the Philippines
1. Baguio City or also known as the "Summer Capital of the Philippines" is the ideal place to escape the intense heat of a tropical summer. It is situated thousands of feet above sea level and, with its vast forest of pine trees, it is sometimes called as the "City of Pines". Aside from the beautiful natural scenery, historical landmarks could as well be found in the place.
2. If you're fond of beaches then the number one tropical beach in the world is the best place for you. Boracay is located in the Aklan province in the island of Panay in the western Visayas region. Boracay is well-known for its white sand beaches.
3. Palawan is what is considered as the "last Philippine frontier". You can go island hopping among its many paradise islands or be lost in one of the world's most beautiful landscapes--El Nido. The world's longest underground river could also be found in Palawan and it is regarded as one of the new 7 wonders of nature.
4. Cebu hosts some of the most important historical landmarks in the country as well as of the beautiful natural sceneries. Colon street in downtown Cebu is the Philippines' oldest street and the Basilica del Sto. Niño is one of the oldest churches in the entire country. Beside the Basilica is the Shrine of Magellan's cross. It was in that particular place that the Portuguese explorer who served for the king of Spain, Ferdinand Magellan, first planted the cross he had brought with him from Spain and so began the Christianization of the now Philippine islands. Bantayan island, among many other tourist spots in Cebu, holds the title of being the island paradise of the Philippines.
5. Dakak in Zamboanga del Norte is best known for its powdery white sand beaches as well as of its coral reefs. It is also a best place for diving.
6. Siargao is a tear-drop shaped island situated in the province of Surigao del Norte. It is the "surfing capital of the Philippines" where both international and local surfing competitions are being held each year.
7. Bohol is home to one of the world's endangered species, the "tarsier". It also has world class resorts and beaches in the island of Panglao. The "chocolate hills" could also be found in the island of Bohol.
8. Tagaytay is famous for providing us good views of Taal volcano in its Highlands. It is the shortest escape route from the concrete jungle of Manila for anyone to experience a quite, and most relaxing environment.
9. The island of Camiguin is, no doubt, a paradise package for tourists and locals alike. It has white sand beaches, hot and cold springs, and a laid-back environment perfect for relaxation and retreat. A "sunken cemetery" resulting from volcanic eruptions in the past is one of its kind.
10. The island of Batanes is located in the northernmost part of the Philippines. It is a perfect place to isolate your self from the rest of the world and be just one with nature.