Story me, Dear!


"Stories are the creative conversion of life itself into a more powerful, clearer, more meaningful experience. They are the currency of human contact." --Robert McKee

"If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive." --Barry Lopez, in Crow and Weasel

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." --Maya Angelou


Story me, Dear--my heart needs it;
Like when a plant needs adornment
From the best that Nature can give--
Story me, Dear, to fulfillment.

Story me with the flights of love
Whose wings, like angels, touched by God
In perfection--and yet through it
Becomes the most misunderstood.

Story me the forgotten tales;
With the saddest lines ever told;
But story me, Dear--would you please tell
What your heart and mine can hold?





Comments

Popular Posts