Music and me

Back in high school, rock music has invaded my life. Bands like Guns N' Roses, Skid Row, Pantera, Sepultura, ACDC, Metallica, Ugly Kid Joe, to name just a few, replaced my indefinite love affair with laid-back music beginning with my all time favorite James Taylor, among others. Bon Jovi then would be struggling to become the Prince of Rock later on.

Reaching college, I hit Crossroads where Bon Jovi had best represented with his Destination Anywhere journey I used to love then as I would still today. Being a music lover, I have a wide range for whatever music genre there is to be that I would listen at: classical, rock and roll, pop, rhythm and blues, jazz, folk and country,soul, reggae, hard rock, gospel, hip hop, alternative, and more. I think they're all the same as a form of expression. Music is the universal language of the world and we can only have all the musicians to thank for.

I would like to make special mention of Kurt Cobain's Nirvana band. Grunge music has never been best than his version. And here comes Bob Marley, a gifted songwriter and singer the reggae music he has brought to the top and conquered the hearts of millions through his music. A lot of newcomers and fresh faces would emerge and dominate the music world later on but some music are just timeless, thriving, from Here to Eternity.

Music has become as important to me as my passion for writing. It is a love affair I would be nurturing for as long as I live. I can't imagine what the world should be like without it.

Comments