An evening star alights on me


"Love is the only bow of life's dark cloud. It is the Morning and Evening Star. It shines upon the cradle of the babe, and sheds its radiance upon the quiet tomb. It is the Mother of Art, inspirer of poet, patriot, and philosopher. It is the air and light of every heart, builder of every home, kinder of every fire on every hearth, It was the first dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody...."
    --Robert Green Ingersoll


An evening star alights on me
And wondered why she's far away;
My watchful eyes keep tracking through
As far as what her nicest view.

A guiding star when I was lost
The one who brings the comfort most;
And although she's so far away
She reached out full, my heart roams free.

I went to see the gift of love
The one that's shining up above;
And wondered why she's just right there--
She's far away but yet so near.

Comments

Popular Posts