If love is like a rising sun

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow them.”
--Louisa May Alcott

"Today a new sun rises for me; everything lives, everything is animated, everything seems to speak to me of my passion, everything invites me to cherish it.”
--Ninon de Lenclos

That is what it must be like
when you think upon
what I'm gonna tell you--
they would look up
in awed silence, while
others would scream and laugh--
if love is like a rising sun
to gaze out over
then maybe it's time
to abandon those
fledgling dreams of it.
I would rather talk about the weather.
But I wanted so much
for you to comprehend:
if love is like a rising sun
then maybe it's time
to gaze up at it
with boundless interest.
We've all seen it.
"I'm telling you," I said, "it's good.
It's good. It's good!"
Someone's eyes met mine and nodded.

Comments

Popular Posts